April 19, 2010

My First Adwords Campaign Results

After only 2.5 days, I've decided to pull my first campaign in lieu of another. According to Accuracast, the average Click-Through-Rate (CTR) is 3.16%, with the weighting heavily skewed to positions 1 & 2. Other blogs suggest a CTR of 2% is good.  My Beach Hat ad (see last post) faired decently with a CTR of 2.05%. Not bad considering the average position was 5.3. I attribute that to the ad copy title "Web's Best Beach Hats. Kind of like how every hamburger joint has "World's Best Hamburger", I guess consumers are intrigued and have to at least check it out to see for themselves. I also had campaigns around "Sun Hats", "Men's Hats", "Cowboy Hats", and "Fedora Hats". "Sun Hats" did okay, but the others I would say flopped. At the end of the day, though, the true metric of success is conversion and on that front I have to say it was a failure. Is it site?...the product selection?...the prices?

To help further diagnose, I've changed the campaign to another category. The new campaigns will focus on I also had campaigns around "Sand Toys" and "Beach Games".


I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment