April 23, 2010

Don't forget about Real World "links"

I've been working so hard at trying to build links and connections online that I put myself in a cocoon.  Well, today I took one of those virtual connections and physically met with a local swim instructor.  It was a fantastic meeting and well, well worth the time.  Not only will I get a web link, but her clients are my ideal consumers.  So, we've formed a relationship that I hope will benefit the both of us.  As great as web links are, you're really banking on a numbers game.  The average conversion rate of a shopping site is ~3%, so 3 out of 100 casual visitors will buy.  But from a Real World referral, the conversion rate will be much, much higher.  The lesson learned is that I definitely need to better balance out my Virtual world and Real world efforts.

Oh yeah, I need to squeeze in my shameless SEO plugs.  The Wearever Beach Chairs will be back in stock next week (we desperately hope)!.  Same with our Water guns & Super soakers.  I think our Water guns are going to be huge sellers and I can't wait to build an ad campaign around them.

No comments:

Post a Comment